Saturday, September 13, 2014

La Douce France

Hi there,

One day late with my post but for a very good reason. I only just got of the plane from France. Every year for the past three years, for me, the end of summer is marked by one last week at the French Rivièra- La Côte d'Azur.

I usually stay at Sainte-Maxime, a rustic and Provencal village. This is mostly a relaxing vacation, some wandering around the town, lying on the beach or by the pool reading books and -my absolute favorite- watching the boats in the harbor.

The trip also has to include a day visit to Saint-Tropez. Swooning over the yachts and window shopping at Balmain, Chanel, Dior, Céline and just about any other high-fashion brand you can imagine. One thing I would like to say, never -and I really mean never- try to go to Saint-Tropez by car, I will take you for ever! A great alternative are the "Bateaux Verts", it's like a water taxi and has stops in different villages nearby Saint-Tropez or you could just take your own boat- if you happen to be so lucky.

Now since pictures say more than words....

 Our little piece of infinity
 Saint-Tropez streets
 Saint-Tropez light house
 Lunch at Dior at Saint-Tropez
 Saint-Tropez streets
 Saint-Tropez harbor
 Sainte-Maxime Harbor
 Sainte-Maxime Harbor
 Port Grimaud
 Port Grimaud
 Flower ice cream at Saint-Maxime
Sainte-Maxime harbor at night

Hope you got a bit of the holiday feeling too now, wherever you might be. Have you ever been to the French Rivièra- la Côte d'Azur or would you like to go? What marks the end of summer for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment